Wednesday, June 4, 2014

AWC Furniture Makeover Reveal

I finished up my first two pieces of furniture for A Wider Circle last week and I dropped them off this morning. I've already received word that both pieces have gone home with a very happy client. I am so thankful to be able to volunteer in this way and I love knowing that my efforts not only brightened some one's day but also their home.

Remember the cabinet/bookcase before?


Here's the after:


As you can see I added legs that I painted to look like they were dipped in yellow paint. I used Frog brand tape to give the doors an ombre look. The inside and handles were painted the same dark grey as the exterior.  

Remember the bench before? 


Here's the bench after:


This makeover was so simple. I simply spray painted the bench yellow and sewed a simple cushion for it with scrap fabric and ribbon. I love this color combination!

I brought home a few more pieces to makeover over the next couple of months. I plan to post before pictures next week.

1 comment:

Angela Williams said...

These look great. This activity is the perfect fit for you, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails